4 – 3” squares of fabric
1 – 22” length of 1/8” ribbon or baby rick rack
Small amount of stuffing (We used Bamboo stuffing by Fairfield, very soft)
1. Place 2 fabric squares right sides together and using heart template trace onto fabric.
Repeat for 2nd heart.
2. Place one end of the 22” ribbon between the 2 fabrics at the top of the heart and pin
as shown.Using a small stitch length (1.5) stitch on the drawn line; (at the heart top, stitch back
and forth to secure the ribbon) leaving a ¾” opening along 1 straight edge for turning.
Keep the other end of the ribbon sticking out through the opening being careful not to
stitch the ribbon.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for remaining heart fabric squares.
5. Trim the hearts out leaving about a ¼” allowance and be careful not to cut ribbon at
opening. Clip curves to make it smoother when turning. Turn (It was helpful to use a
small straw and bodkin for turning; the bodkin’s ball end helps push out the curves when
turning) and stuff lightly.
6. Using a ladderstitch, hand stitch heart openings closed. Embellish with seed beads or
whatever you have on hand.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Until the next post Have Fun Quilting!