Friday, January 27, 2012

Sugar and Spice Baby Quilt

I just finished putting the border on the "Sugar and Spice" baby quilt that I began on TuesdayIt turned out cute, I really like the red and aqua colors together, they are so crisp and clean.

I am in my very first online swap and am very excited about it!  I've been wanting to do a swap for a long time but never had the time.  So I decided to take the plunge, after all its a new year and exciting new changes for us too!  Jamie has done several swaps and has had lots of fun participating and getting great gifts in the mail from her swap partners, so with her encouragement I am trying my first swap.  I am doing a Valentines swap through Generation Q Magazine  this is a fresh online quilting magazine that I discovered through a podcast called "Jackie's Quilting Chronicles"The rules are easy to follow for this swap so I thought I can handle this, you have to use fabric (have plenty of that) no larger than 8" x 10" and have it shipped to swap partner by Feb. 7, 2012, that's it, very easy rules!  I have started my Valentine swap project I call them "Heart Beats" and will show them to you in a couple of days along with my 1st tutorial on how to make them, so stay tuned.  My advice, try an online swap, its something different and gets those creative juices flowing!

Until the next post Have Fun Quilting!