Monday, February 13, 2012

SHHHH! It's a suprise!

As some of you know, I am a brand new grandparent.  It is the most wonderful thing, to be a grandparent!  Our new grandson Jared is about to have his very first Valentine's Day.  Of course I had to make him something special.....

I made him an elephant!  It is a Heather Bailey pattern called 'Effie and Ollie" and he stands about 4" tall.  I had some wonderful baseball stripe fabric and appliqued a baseball on each side.  The pattern was fun to make, it took about 6 hours so you could definitely get it done in a weekend.  He turned out so cute I want to make more!  It has been a long time since I made a stuffed animal but the pattern instructions were well written and easy to follow, I recommend you give it a try, who knows you might end up making your very own elephant herd!

Until the next post Happy Quilting