Friday, March 23, 2012

Granny Square Quilt Along Blocks


Sorry I am so late with a post but I have had a miserable stomach bug that wiped me out.  I am finally feeling better and hopefully through suffering with that nasty bug I lost a couple of pounds!!  That would be the only benefit from it and I mean the only benefit!
I wanted to share with you my Granny Square Quilt Along blocks.  They are so much fun to make.  I am enjoying my first quilt along and glad I did it.  I have 10 blocks done and 10 more to go.  The 10 that are left are almost finished.  While making the blocks I came up with a couple ideas of how to set the blocks and will share those with you soon.  As you can see in the photo above our cat Lucy liked the Kaffe Fassett fabric choice.  I used a solid Moda Bella light purple fabric (love those Bella solids!) for the background.  All of the Kaffe fabrics (21 of them) had some purple in them so that's how I decided on the background color. Below are a couple photos of the 10 finished blocks.  I hope you like them and if you have the time I would highly recommend you try a quilt along!

 Until the next post Happy Quilting!