Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Butterfly Block

Springtime is back in Houston!  We have had the most perfect weather for the last week, cool in the mornings, low 80's in the afternoon with no clouds in the sky!  The flower and vegetable gardens are thriving and there is color, color, color everywhere.  The birds are in their nests waiting for their offspring to be born and butterflies are flying. Logan and I even saw a hummingbird in the yard on Sunday so the feeder came back out!  I was thinking what a perfect time to make a butterfly block.  I was looking on Pinterest (I spend too much time on Pinterest!) and found this wonderful vintage butterfly block.  The best part is, it was a free pattern!  You can find it here. I have not seen a butterfly block like this before so of course it intrigued me.  It is not a super easy block but we all need a challenge from time to time!  I will post a photo of mine when I finish it and if you make one I would love to see it!  Enjoy the Spring season and the butterfly block!

Until the next post Happy Quilting!

0 comments: