Monday, June 11, 2012

Fun Pin Cushion!

Over the weekend Logan (husband) called for me to come across the street to our neighbors yard.  I went there and he told me to look in a box put out for trash.  There was this milk glass plate that was oh so dirty!  I really like milk glass things so I grabbed it, thanked the neighbor and went to the kitchen sink with it.  As you can see it cleaned up beautifully.  I thought it would make a great pin cushion!  I cut a circle of fabric about 3 inches larger than the plate, ran basting stitches about a 1/4" from the edge, put batting in the middle and pulled the basting stitches tight.  Just think of a giant yo-yo, that's basically all it was.  I then hot glued it into the plate and added my pins. From edge to edge the plate, (I mean pin cushion) measures 8".  So the next time your spouse tells you to come look at something (especially if its free) go and look, you just never know!

Until the next post Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

Carla said...

Pretty! I wish I could think to do things like that. My mind just doesn't work that way. ;o)

Dorothy said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pin cushion. Oh how I miss you all... look on page 98 of the latest Fons & Porter magazine...