Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Angels


I came across this quilt top I made several years ago, it is a triple irish chain layout. I thought I would share it with you since Jamie is making a double irish chain quilt now. See Jamie's here.  My mom did the beautiful embroidery. The embroidered angels came from the book "Angels in Bluework Book 1" by Susan Ervin Smith. I don't think the book is available anymore but I did find a copy on Ebay for sale.
 

I will get around to hand quilting it one of these days. The quilt is so special to me since my mom hand embroidered it years ago and is unable to sew anymore. Hope you enjoy the angel quilt and Jamie's irish chain quilt and hopefully it will inspire you to make an irish chain quilt in the future!

Close up of embroidered angel blocks


My Mom's hand embroidery

Until the next post Happy Quilting!
www.sunflower-quilts.com

2 comments:

Miss Nancy said...

Lovely! Perfect for the season!

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

Happy Holidays to all!

Jill Rimes said...

Thanks Miss Nancy Happy Holidays to you too!!