Saturday, December 8, 2012

Men's Shirts

Today I am going to start sewing 3 men's shirts for Logan. Every couple of years I make him several shirts for Christmas. It ends up costing more to make them but he loves them and I have adjusted the pattern so they fit him just the way he likes them. You know the length of the shirt and sleeves just right and not too cumbersome around the middle. When he opens the shirt boxes under the tree I see a glow of excitement in his eyes! During the year when we are fabric shopping he always points out fabrics that would make good shirts for him, I have to admit its fun! Below are the fabrics for the 3 shirts. I will do a post of them when they are finished.


Until the next post Happy Quilting!

7 comments:

Jan said...

What a great idea. Sewing clothing has gotten more expensive than buying ready-made. But we end up with something very unique, and that's the best gift. Can't wait to see the finished shirts.

Anonymous said...

You do such a great job with his shirts! I love that he loves them! And he's in such good company of men who enjoy nice shirts - Kaffe Fassett!

Debbie said...

I like the bottom one. I can see him in them. I gave up making clothes after Claire's 8th grade dance dress. 9 alterations to perfection!!!!

Jill Rimes said...

Thanks for your comments!

Violet said...

I love traditions. I'm sure Logan will be so happy to get his new shirts. Happy sewing!

best shirts by stonerose said...

I always love to follow tradition of clothes. Clothes are best accessories to our body that make our body look good. You are doing good job by sewing men's shirts. I appreciate your efforts dear. Keep on doing your job.

Jill Rimes said...

Thanks for your comment, I totally agree about clothes being the best accessory! I will have a post of the finished shirts tomorrow 12/21/12, all I have to do is sew the buttons on! Happy Holidays!