Tuesday, December 4, 2012

More Holiday Sewing

 
I made this mug rug and pincushion for my special quilting buddy for Christmas. I used the Moda charm pack "Birds & Bees" by Lauren and Jessi Jung. 
The mug rug used 18 - 1 1/2" x 3 1/2" rectangles and 4 - 2" x 3 1/2" for the 2 sashing rows.  The binding was made from 2 different prints and the backing used 4 charm squares. It was so fun, fast and easy to make. The pincushion was made from a porcelain painter's palette that I bought at Hobby Lobby but I'm sure any craft store would carry them. I used 7 - 4" circles and did a running stitch along the wrong side, close to the edge (like you are making a yo yo) and then put some stuffing in the middle before pulling the stitching tight and securing the thread (use a heavier quilting thread so it won't break when you pull it). I then used a hot glue gun to glue them in the palette.These were so fun to make, there is even enough charm squares left to make another mug rug and pincushion I hope my special quilting buddy will like it!

Until the next post Happy Quilting!

0 comments: