Monday, March 18, 2013

Butterfly Quilt

A few weeks back I did a post about a "New Quilt"It was made for my niece and her husband for their  first baby!  She was doing her nursery in purples and greys. I started searching the web for inspiration and came across a blog called "Monkey Beans" , and a quilt called Trajectory (tutorial available on her blog). When I first saw it I thought of butterflies and thought that would work for Emily's baby quilt, and it would be perfect since she was having a girl. We chose Tula Pink fabric and Free Spirit solids I did the piecing and Jamie did the fabulous quilting! Emily lives in Chicago and came to St. Louis for one of her baby showers. I wasn't able to go but Jamie went and took her the quilt from us. Several of you asked me to show it after it was quilted so below are some photos of the finished quilt. Hope you like it and try your hand at a butterfly quilt of your own! By the way Laurel did the hand embroidery for the butterflies' antennas for us!

Until the next post Happy Quilting!
www.sunflower-quilts.com

2 comments:

JustJoyce said...

Jamie is getting to be really good at her quilting.

Jill Rimes said...

Thanks Joyce, I am so excited for her and so glad she will quilt for us!!