Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Fabric Valentine Hearts Tutorial

I love Valentine's Day!  The rush of the Christmas Holiday (btw, I love Christmas too!) is over and I have a little more time. It's a new year so I have lots of ideas flowing filling up my hours.
I wanted to make something to decorate my Mom's room for Valentine's since this is her first Valentine's since moving into her assisted living home. So I came up with some super easy fabric Valentine hearts. They are different shapes and sizes. You can even machine embellish the hearts with all the wonderful threads available to us today. Anyway, here is a new tutorial to make them and use your creative juices to embellish however you please. If you make any I would love for you to share with me what you've done! You know as quilter's we are so generous sharing our ideas.

Fabric Valentine Hearts Tutorial
Supplies:
3 - 7" x WOF assorted fabrics
1/2 yard of Pellon 72F double sided fusible
 Heart cookie cutters, assorted sizes
Chalk Pencil
 
Cut 3 – 6” x 21” rectangles of Pellon 72F double sided fusible.
 Place 1 – 6” x 21” Pellon 72F rectangle 
in between a 7” x WOF strip and press following Pellon’s instructions.

  
 Trim to 5” or whatever size your largest cookie cutter is.
 
With the chalk pencil, trace the heart cookie cutter shapes
 (as many as you can fit) on the fabric/fusible strips.

 
 Carefully cut out the heart shapes and use to decorate as desired. 
 Embellish the hearts as well if desired.  Happy Valentine’s Day!



Until the next post Happy Quilting!

0 comments: